Thanks for your help, all! You can follow any responses to this entry through the magic of. This is where updates are saved. Note that when combining parameters, you can use them only in the order specified as follows: wuauclt. Follow the instructions at the top of the script, but essentially run. The following link will give you more information on this task: Hope that this information will be helpful - Happy troubleshooting, Sudheesh Narayanaswamy Support Engineer Thanks for the great summary Sudheesh. All Windows 7 clients in the organization are failing. If you have any idea to solve my problem kindly post it.
I even set up a test lab with about 8 machines to reproduce the problem. Run the server cleanup wizard. Anyone else have any further suggestions? Spend sometime to look around and check out some of my posts. I have tried many things manually but it seems the only way to get them to report back is to run the on the client. Make sure the permission is flowing to the objects within and the objects below. Of course I would advise test, test, and test again in your own environment before pushing this out site-wide. Is Windows Update running and automatic? I am loathed to rebuild the machines as there seems to be a reason albeit unknown that some computers will not report.
It seem like many that were deployed under the old server are the ones that are stuck. If you like it here, don't forget to bookmark it! All 8 had the same problem when upgrading from 1511 to 1607. The second is that Clear Install Flag is running. You can check to understand the port requirements. Please help to fix this issue.
For that you will need to check the mpcontol. Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue? The server will only allow those clients within its boundary to download the polices, so if you have not specified the boundaries the client will not be authorized and the policies will not get downloaded. There doesn't appear to be a logical reason on the face of it, but wondered if anyone had come across this? Here are the steps I usually follow to get the machines listed in the management console. If you do not have an appropriate group policy to include these settings you will need to create a new one. If I should post somewhere else please point me in the right direction.
Please help to fix this issue. I think the problem with Configuration Manager blogging is that there is just so much information out there that it is extremely easy to start drifting in your thoughts in different directions and as a result you would touch a million little things but you never deliver a complete answer to at least one question. Change the registry values at the beginning to match your environment. So this is an enterprise wide problem. Use Nslookup or ping to check the name resolution. We, as professionals, know the acronym, but not everyone who reads the post may know. If you are enforcing by , or directly via registry edit, your next step is to check that the registry entries exist.
For more information you can check Post-installation phase in the link: The client itself is not installed in the Agent You can take a look at this article which will give you a detailed explanation of how you can make sure that the client is installed and reporting successfully. It is configured and working correctly. Out of 110 clients, only 5-6 computers are there. Still totally broken on reports. We updated from Server 2008R2 to 2012 a few months ago and our clients are hit or miss on reporting for windows updates. Check if the necessary ports are opened. Re-read that previous list and check it all again, uh, minus the distractions of course.
They will appear under their own group as specified in step 3. I never did figure out what caused the problem. Here are the contents of that. It will clean out all the synchronization logs that have built up over time configurable, with the default keeping the last 14 days of logs. Thank you very much for putting this together.
Bizarrely, I still have some computers contacting, but not reporting. I even tried a script very similar to the one provided by with no luck. Out of 110 clients, only 5-6 computers are there. Honestly I think this issue is beyond that though as the number of computers it is affecting. After an update is approved for the server group the computer will not install the update or restart automatically. Now when I was testing other theories but nothing would report immediately. I have included an abstract of a windowsupdate.